Tuesday, February 24, 2015

- ProTools 11 and How To Escape iTunes Insanity For Your Production Music

Ok, I've wrestled with all the variations of iTunes and watched it's inability to import folders. I've watched it scatter collections of production music for no reason throughout the library and had to track it down. I've seen how Add To Library is it's own form of nonsense and tried all the recommended settings so it would behave.
Then this morning I realized that all I have to do is copy my BACKGROUND MUSIC folder to my Audio Thunderbolt Hard drive and arrange everything the way I want.
When importing a music file to go with our voiceovers we just search in the BACKGROUND MUSIC folder in the audio drive and skip iTunes all together. Yes, it's very obvious and I wish I'd of thought of it sooner:)